How to get Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in Gujarat? | Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Apply Online
Gujarat Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
Governments issue caste certificates to officially certify that a person belongs to a particular caste or community. Non-Creamy Layer Certificate is issued to the Other Backward Class (OBC) category candidates by the respective state authorities. Concerning the reservations under OBC, families are further categorized into creamy layer and non-creamy layer based on the annual income of a family. The purpose of OBC reservation (non-creamy layer), is to uplift the most deserving candidates among backward classes. To qualify as an OBC non-creamy layer candidate, the applicant’s parents’ annual income should be less than Rs. 8 lakhs.
Digital Gujarat Registration
Digital Gujarat is an initiative taken by the Government of Gujarat for citizens to help them avail benefits of government services online. Citizens can register and submit their application form online and track the status of their application through the Digital Gujarat website. Non-Creamy Layer certificate can be applied through the Digital Gujarat website. For this, you need to first register on the Digital Gujarat website.
Follow the below steps to register on the Digital Gujarat Website.
- Visit Digital Gujarat Website.
- Click on “Click for New Registration (Citizen)”
- Fill in the necessary details like name, email-id and mobile no.
- Set your password for login.
- Now click on the Save button.
- The user will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the text box and click on the confirm button, this redirects to the second stage of registration.
- Now complete the further registration by providing your full name and address.
- Upload your passport-size photograph.
- After filling in the details, click on the update button at the bottom
- On completion of the second stage of registration, you will be redirected to a citizen profile page.
- On the citizen profile page, you can enter your other details and update your Profile.
Follow the below steps to apply online for a Non-Creamy Layer certificate in Gujarat.
- Login to Digital Gujarat Website
- Click on “Request a New Service”
- Click on any of the 3 applications for the Non-Creamy Layer certificate. (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Application Form, Non-Creamy Layer Certificate for Central Govt. Application Form in Gujarat, Non-Creamy layer Certificate For Gujarat Government)
- A list of supportive documents required to apply for the service will be provided below.
- To apply for the service click on the “Continue To Service” button.
- The next screen will show your service” Request ID” and “Application No.”
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter the required details and upload the required documents.
- After that select the checkbox for declaration and click on the “Submit” button.
- After the successful submission of your application, you can take the print of your application form and proceed further with the online payment.
- The citizen will get an SMS for the status of his/her application.
- On completing the application process, the user can use the application number to get the certificate by using the download-issued document option.
The citizen will get an SMS for the status of his/her application.
Download the Non-Creamy Layer certificate
Follow the below steps to download the Non-Creamy Layer certificate.
- Login to Digital Gujarat Website
- Click on “Download Issued Documents” to download the Non-Creamy Layer certificate.
Follow the below steps to apply offline for a Non-Creamy Layer certificate in Gujarat.
- Fill out the Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Application Form. (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Application Form, Non-Creamy Layer Certificate for Central Govt. Application Form in Gujarat)
- Submit it at the nearest Tahsildar Office or Jana Seva Kendra
The applicant should fulfill the following conditions to obtain a Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) Certificate:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- He/She must be a permanent resident of Gujarat.
- The applicant’s family income (from all sources) must not exceed Rs. 6 lacks.
- Benefits of Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
- A non-creamy layer certificate helps the residents of Gujarat to avail of various facilities offered by the State Government, which includes facilities like educational fee concessions, seat reservation in educational institutions, age relaxation, marks/score relaxation, admission in schools, and job applications.
The documents to be enclosed for availing of a non-creamy layer certificate in Gujarat have been listed below.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Valid Passport, Utility Bill, Property Tax Bill, etc.
- Passport Size Photographs: Two passport-size photographs of the applicant.
- Income Proof: Income Certificate, pay slip of the last three years of income tax returns.
- Caste Proof: School Leaving Certificate, Self Attested Caste Certificate.
- Relationship Proof: The affidavit is attached to the application.
Certificate Issuing Authority
The document is issued by an officer of the revenue department who is competent for this purpose, who could be a Sub-divisional Magistrate / Tehsildar after submitting the OBC application form along with the essential documents.
Validity of Certificate
The certificate issued by the government would be valid for 3 years from the date of issuance of the license.